Nutraceuticals and Cosmetics
Anaxomics is specialized in providing solutions to Nutraceutics and Cosmetics companies, in the area of providing Scientific Fundamentals to their marketing claims and regulatory needs.
We help companies to find a scientific explanation to their claims, by using Predictive Medicine tools and Therapeutic Performance Analysis, in the areas of :
- Nutraceuticals, Special Diets,Vitamins and Functional Foods
- Food industry, flavors and additives
- Cosmetics, and Dermatology
- Antiageing and Aesthetics products
For example, a nutraceuticals company specialized in high-protein diets requests Anaxomics to provide scientific background to support their claims in using their diet for diabetic patients.
- The diet is based in high-protein-low-carbon functional food, so the patient is maintained close to Ketosis status
- Anaxomics creates the protein map related with ketosis, and stablishes the relationship between the ketosis and diabetes map (among other conditions)
- Anaxomics generates new hypothesis for the nutraceuticals company to pursue their quest of scientific claims for their product
Also, Anaxomics has provided Regulatory Support to those companies to support consumer care claims, and minimize animal testing
Anaxomics has published two very interesting papers where systems biology technologies are applied to nutraceutics, providing great value to the companies. Read them here:
NutraFoods 2010, 9: 31
Jordi Naval, Judith Farrés
Systems Biology footprint on the nutraceuticals and cosmetics arena
"Systems Biology, a new and validated integrative technology, finds many uses in the fields of cosmetics and nutraceuticals, accelerating the design of new products, and providing scientific support for health claims"
Nutr Metab, 2010, 7: 88
Judith Farrés, Albert Pujol, Mireia Coma, Jose Luis Ruiz, Jordi Naval,
José Manuel Mas, Agustí Molins, Joan Fondevila, Patrick Aloy
Revealing the molecular relationship between type 2 diabetes and the metabolic changes induced by a very-low-carbohydrate low-fat ketogenic diet
"A strong relationship between the insulin resistance pathway and the ketosis main pathway was identified, providing a possible explanation for the improvement observed in clinical trials"